Tuesday, August 23, 2011

day 23.

Just a couple random thoughts after night 22...
Organization is key living in such a small space.  Something we didn't really think about before moving in. At first it was chaos every day looking for something, especially at night when we'd misplace the flashlight. Everything now pretty much has a place, work clothes with work clothes, toiletries all in 1 place, little things we use every day in a little plastic container, food in one spot and so on. I was never super organized before, so the van is forcing me to work on my life skills.
Luckily we both work a lot, and our jobs have bathrooms. But its a whole planning process, ok, were going back to the van I need to stop at a bathroom while I have one. Maybe this is too much for a second post but at 22 days in a van, I've popped some squatts and cut the top off some water jugs. I appreciate EVERY toilet a lot more now than I ever did, even the mcdonalds toilet. Showers are taken at the house i babysit, luckily. But theres always the option to go to the camp ground or use a beach shower after sunset with not many people around and a bar of soap. Christmas list, my own pack of seat covers and a go girl. For real though.
Electronics. During the week I can charge everything up at the house I nanny at. By sunday my phone needs charged, just enough to get through the day just in case i need it. So sitting at Starbucks a norm. I've learned the earlier the better. Its almost like a game, beating the bums to the comfy chair by the outlet. This last Sunday we noticed some other guys charging their electronics. We briefly started talking one guy was from Modesto, other New York they live on the beach we camped on when we first got to Maui because they want to save money and live simply. then the question came up, "you guys car it?" all I could do was laugh, no one we haven't told knows, and it was the first time being questioned. So I replied yep! Then he goes on to say he thought so because he recognized my curly hair and saw me charging my stuff at the other Starbucks.
Hahahaha.


Off to the beach,
createlove.

No comments:

Post a Comment