Monday, August 29, 2011

perfect day.

A Sunday evening on Maui calls for little beach! We drove down to big beach yesterday so ian could get some waves with this swell that's coming through. I worked hard on my tan and just enjoyed the waves, the hot sand and getting to just relax. Ian and I played in the biggest waves I've ever even seen before, diving under them or waiting till they crash right over your head. So much fun.

Around 6 we started walking to little beach, the clothing optional beach. We both decided to opt in on the clothing part. On Sundays its a huge hippy party with a drum circle, with naked hippies and fire dancing during the sunset. Its probably one of my favorite places; open minded people playing happy music, happily dancing, being carefree and enjoying the sunset and natural beauty of Maui. Its an experience, but a fun one every time.

Our night ended with finding a beach shower for me to remove some unwanted sand after a huge wave decided to wrestle with me. Found one that was kinda in the shadows so I grabbed my bar of soap and a towel. Ian came 'for protection' because there was a kinda creepy-ish man somewhat close to the showers. I obviously stayed in my suit, washed off and then we chilled on the park bench. We joked around about my next blog being about my first public shower with the weird man who just happened to leave to a different table (closer to the van) as soon as the lights turned off 10 minutes after my shower. Weird.

We did some organizing, threw the trash away then as I was walking back to the van the man goes "Hey tell your boyfriend you guys are doing Maui right. You guys have it made" Now he was blog worthy.

We couldnt help but smile.

Yes, we do have it made with our situation and our minds.

And I am beyond thankful I get to share this with my best friend and lover.

createlove.

1 comment:

  1. That was absolutely beautiful. I love how creeper turned into amazing man! When I read that last part I got all teary eyed! You guys are amazing! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete